- DataSet Ticker
- DataSet View
- Google Traffic
- HTML Package
- Local Video
- Menu Boards
- Shell Command
- Sub Playlist
- Twitter Metro
- Video In
- Web Page
- World Clock
The Video Module allows for video files to be played when assigned to a Timeline. Video files are uploaded to the Library which are then cached for off-line playback.
Click on Video from the Widget toolbar and click to add or drag and drop
The file uploader will open on adding the Video Widget:
- Click on Add files and select the file(s) to upload
- Give your file a Name for easier identification in the CMS and an optional Tag.
- Use the scroll bar or press play and stop on your chosen frame to be used as the thumbnail for this video file!
Video files can also be directly uploaded to a specified Folder location.
- Click on the Select Folder button and expand to select a Folder to save in.
Users can also right click a Folder to access further options.
- Click in the folder you wish to upload the file to and click Done.
- The Current Folder will show the selected file path.
Further information for Administrators regarding Folder access and set-up can be found here.
There is an option to set expiry dates and times for files uploaded to this particular Widget.
Tick the Set Expiry Dates box.
Use the date picker to select Start and End dates and times.
There are further options to remove the Widget from the Playlist on expiry and to delete the media file from the Library.
Click the Start upload button to begin the upload of all files added. If a Folder/Expiry Dates have been selected and there are multiple files to be added, all files will be uploaded to the specified location and have the same Expiry Dates set.
Once successfully uploaded, click Done.
Files can also be uploaded individually and have different Folder locations/Expiry dates and times specified. Instead of clicking on the Start upload button, click on the blue upload button shown at the end of the row for an added file.
Change the Folder location using the Select Folder button as before and then click the blue button at the end of the row to upload just that singular file.
- Once all files have been successfully uploaded, click Done.
Click on the added Video Widget from the Timeline to open configuration options in the Edit Video form:
- Make edits to naming of the Widget if required
- Here you can see how long the video will play for. Tick the Set a duration to provide a specific duration.
- Use the Configuration tab to select scaling options for the video.
- If the video has audio this can be muted by ticking the box.
- If you tick to Show Full Screen, the video will show full screen whilst it is playing. When the next item in the Timeline is shown it will revert back to the size of the Region.
Actions can be attached to this Widget, please see the Interactive Actions page for more information.
As Xibo takes no measures to control what content is put on your displays, it is your responsibility to ensure that any videos used are appropriately attributed if you do not own the rights.