- DataSet Ticker
- DataSet View
- Google Traffic
- HTML Package
- Local Video
- Menu Boards
- Shell Command
- Sub Playlist
- Twitter Metro
- Video In
- Web Page
- World Clock
Playlists allow for the creation of ‘Reusable Playlists’ which are created and managed independently to Layouts. Once created, Playlists can then be easily reused across multiple Regions and Layouts.
Think of Playlists as a two part process:
- The Playlist (contains the content and configuration of media to be shown)
- The Sub-Playlist Widget (once added to Layouts, Playlists can be selected and further configured to Play in a specified order)
Playlists are administered by clicking on Playlists under the Library section of the main menu:
The Playlists Grid allows you to edit existing and create new.
Click the Folders icon to toggle on/off from view.
- Click on a Folder/sub-folder to search the contents and return results based on any filters applied to the grid.
- Tick All Folders to include searching in the Root Folder and return results based on any filters applied to the grid.
- Click on the Add Playlist button and complete the appropriate form fields:
- Give the Playlist a Name for easy identification purposes within the CMS.
Playlists can be tagged for organisation and to make it easier to find a larger number of Playlists if grouped by Tag.
When entering text into the Tag field on the form, an auto complete helper will show possible matches to make it easier for Users to select from.
Use the Dynamic check box if you want to automatically manage media assignments for this Playlist. Once selected, click on the Filter tab to set the criteria to use to add Library Media and automatically maintain the Playlist.
- Complete the form fields and click the Save button.
The Playlist Editor window will open:
Click on a Widget to add or drag and drop to add to the canvas.
Once Widget’s have been added, configure using the available Edit options:
Change the order of added media items in a Playlist by clicking on a Widget in the Timeline and dragging it to the desired positioning. As changes are autosaved, use the Undo button located on the bottom right of the toolbar to revert any changes if required.
Playlists are edited independently to Layouts, so there is no need to access or edit the Layout(s) the Playlist has been added to.
- To edit content on the Playlist use the row menu from the Playlist grid and select Timeline to open the Playlist editor.
Use the Row Menu to access further actions/shortcuts for the selected Playlist
The creator (owner) of the Playlist or a Super Administrator can assign View/Edit/Delete access for other Users/User Groups.
Take a look at Features and Sharing for more information.
Include the Sub-Playlist Widget to add Playlists to Layouts.