The information contained on this page is now archived. Please see our website and documentation for current information
We are pleased to announce the release of our first release candidate for the 3.0 version of Xibo. The codename for this version is “Finlay”.
15P/Finlay is a periodic comet with an orbital period of 6.51a (Julian years). William Henry Finlay (Royal Observatory, Cape of Good Hope, South Africa) discovered the comet on September 26, 1886. It's last closest approach to the sun was in December 2014 and is on it's way back in July 2021.
We'd love for you to test our new release candidate! If you do, please keep in mind that it is a release candidate only and should not be used in production. You can upgrade to this release from 2.x series.
Whats new in Xibo version 3?
We're excited that this release candidate means we're finished adding features to 3.0! In our Whats new in Xibo version 3 article you can find a summary of all the things we've added and changed.
If you'd rather read the announcements we've made at each stage, you can do so in the following release blogs:
Please use the links below to download this release:
To try out the interactive features of v3 you will need to use the Windows Player v3 R300.1 Alpha.
You may use any v2 compatible Player with this release, unless you want to test the new interactive features. At the time of writing these are the latest players:
1.8 series Players will also function but please be aware that v2/v3 features will not be supported. We recommend using player software of the same version.
- 2410: Layout/Template: Can't copy with if the original has tags
- 2407: Template Add/Edit has fields it shouldn't
- 2397: JS Incompatibility with IE in xibo-cms
- 2389: Display Group: Members form can't sort by member column
- 2369: Templates Page error and missing Folder options
- 2362: Make sure we've renamed Permissions to Sharing in all places
- 2347: Grid Folder feature: Fix double click and table horizontal resizing
- 2409: Layout Designer Drawer: Custom dimensions
- 2401: XMR action to trigger a web hook
- 2400: Display Profile: Allow WAN connections to Interactive Control
- 2395: Help text to change for Player Version used on Display and Display Profile Settings form
- 2391: Tags on media items are not imported into CMS.
- 2390: Enhancement: More information to be added to Media delete logs in Audit Trail
- 2388: Enhancement: Add Audit trail log when media item expiry date is set.
- 2387: Enhancement: Character identifier for CMS secret key.
- 2386: Use base container for Cypress testing instead of own container
- 2379: Schedule - add an option to pass whole geoJSON via API
- 2372: Interactive: Browser Lockdown
- 2371: Schedule Now: Refactor for paging with select2
- 2370: Display Profile: Change the Android "screen dimensions" string for 4 separate fields
- 2366: Disable submitting Add Media form on pressing enter
- 2360: Sharing Feature
- 2353: Start and End times enhancements - v3
- 2330: Enhancement: Audit changes to settings
- 2323: Schedule Agenda: Add an option to show a preview inside the agenda row for each Layout
- 2236: First day of the week and Week Numbers / First week of year
- 2201: Enhancement: Set Bandwidth Limit on multiple Displays
- 1998: Widget: More example templates for DataSet View
- 2399: Update xibo-interactive-control version
- 2376: Layout Import improvements
- 1910: User on-boarding and permissions
We're going to be hard at work testing this new release candidate and the new windows player to ensure its up to our standards. We might put out a second release candidate to fix issues, or go straight to a stable 3.0.0.
We will also be working to bring this release candidate to our Cloud platform.
v3.0 is shaping up to be an exciting release and we're pleased that it will arrive before Finlay makes its closest approach to the sun in 7 years!
Read more from the blog
Read more from the blog