We are pleased to announce the release of our beta for the 3.1 version of Xibo. The codename for this version is “Holmes”.
17P/Holmes is a periodic comet with an orbital period of 6.88a (Julian years). Edwin Holmes (an amateur British astronomer) discovered the comet on November 6, 1892. It's last closest approach to the sun was in February 2021 and is on it's way back in January 2028.
3.1.0-beta is a development preview only and should NOT be used in production. You can upgrade to this release from a 3.x/2.x series.
If you didn't get to try the alpha, you can read all about it here.
This release builds on the success of 3.0 with improvements in the following areas:
Xibo Layout Exchange
We've added the Xibo Layout Exchange to the "Add Layout" form in the CMS, so that users can easily pick from pre-designed Layouts.
We've got some more work to do before the stable release which will give you more great Layouts to choose from!
Menu Board Widget
Adding to the Menu Board configuration pages introduced in 3.1.0-alpha, we've included a Menu Board widget in this beta. The widget comes with 2 landscape and 2 portrait templates which can have their fonts/colours easily customised!
Widget alignment and background
We've added horizontal and vertical alignment to many of our Widgets so that if they don't quite fit in your region you can control their position inside it, they will be centred by default.
Additionally you can set the background colour of the region so that the space is filled.
Remote MySQL TLS
Users who run Xibo connected to a remote MySQL instance can now take advantage of TLS by setting two configuration options in their
settings.php of via environment variables if using Docker.
The recent introduction of Canva is the first time Xibo has an official integration where the user logs in and grants permission to access their own Xibo CMS account.
We've added several features to make this experience more informative to the user and to make it easier for a user to revoke access if they need to.
Please use the links below to download this release:
29 issues have been addressed in this release!
- 2734: Library content for an imported layout goes in the wrong folder
- 2729: Menu Boards: Product page needs some spacing
- 2727: Layout Editor: Publish causes the layout to resize which limits the captured thumbnail
- 2681: Multiple Layout Editor tweaks
- 2674: XMDS: cycle based playback layout duration
- 2669: Pixabay: Videos do not get a duration or a thumbnail
- 2730: Widget Rendering: Add alignment options
- 2728: Layout Editor: Multiple tweaks and fixes
- 2724: DataSets: remote dataset column configuration to parse a date
- 2722: Widget: Image to have a "fit" scale option which fills the region and keeps aspect ratio
- 2721: Modules: fail safe, uninstall and allow deleting of widgets
- 2718: Menu Boards : add code identifier
- 2708: Connectors: flag to show/hide pre-installed connectors
- 2698: Archiver: extra configuration
- 2667: Tags: choose between AND and OR
- 2664: Schedule: Cycle based campaigns
- 2660: Remove bootstrap from modules and update templates
- 2657: Connectors: install custom connectors (add to the database)
- 2656: Connectors: provider for Xibo Layout Exchange
- 2589: Layout Editor: delete layout
- 2572: Applications: tweaks and improvements
- 2507: Menu Board - Widget improvements
- 2486: Reporting: Summary report improvements
- 2352: Reporting: Option to remove Xibo branding from reports.
- 2150: Library duration for non videos
- 2624: Dev Experience: Middleware for adding a display profile
- 2406: Cater for TLS connections to MySQL in docker-compose remote mysql
- 2029: DataTables: Print style cannot fit the grid in A4 size print screen
Please leave any feedback in the comments!
We are aiming to have a 3.1.0 stable release for March 2022.
Read more from the blog
Read more from the blog