We are pleased to announce the first patch for the 3.1 version of Xibo which addresses 11 issues. v3.1 is a feature update to v3.0, with improvements to the layout editing experience, Pixabay integration and lots of usability improvements. The codename for this version is “Holmes”.
17P/Holmes is a periodic comet with an orbital period of 6.88a (Julian years). Edwin Holmes (an amateur British astronomer) discovered the comet on November 6, 1892. It's last closest approach to the sun was in February 2021 and is on it's way back in January 2028.
If you didn't get to try the alpha or the beta, you can read all about them below:
Please note the "Weather Tiles" widget has been retired and its functionality combined with the "Weather" widget. If you installed and tried out the Weather Tiles widget please replace it with the Weather widget on your Layouts.
Important note for PDF users: Please be aware that due to PDF Library changes users must use the Verify All button from the Modules page of the CMS, and perform a browser cache clear. It may also be beneficial to clear "cached images and files" in the clear browsing data settings to avoid any potential issues with PDF's after upgrading.
Please use the links below to download this release:
At the time of writing these are the latest players:
v2 players will connect to a v3 CMS, but please be aware that new v3 features will not be supported.
1.8 players will also function but please be aware that v2/v3 features will not be supported.
The minimum version of Xibo for webOS that will function with a v3 CMS is v2 R206.
The minimum version of Xibo for Tizen that will function with a v3 CMS is v2 R202.
We recommend using player software of the same version as your CMS.
11 issues have been addressed in this release!
- 2788: Minor fixes for release 3.1.1
- 2786: HTTP: not found pages should return 404
- 2781: Layout Editor Timeline: Layout with many regions breaks editor
- 2779: No default layout results in Unable to download schedule
- 2777: Layout Editor: Inline editing in CKEditor save when losing focus
- 2772: Layout Page: Row menu cropped on top, create multi-level menu
- 2771: Layout Editor: Background change by upload broken
- 2770: Layouts: issues with thumbnails
- 2767: Library Download : missing file extension in some cases
- 2787: API: applications using both client credentials and user code fail for client credentials
- 2776: Docs: playlist delete API documentation missing
Please leave any feedback in the comments!
Read more from the blog
Read more from the blog