We are pleased to announce the fourth patch for the 3.1 version of Xibo which addresses 15 issues. v3.1 is a feature update to v3.0, with improvements to the layout editing experience, Pixabay integration and lots of usability improvements. The codename for this version is “Holmes”.
17P/Holmes is a periodic comet with an orbital period of 6.88a (Julian years). Edwin Holmes (an amateur British astronomer) discovered the comet on November 6, 1892. It's last closest approach to the sun was in February 2021 and is on it's way back in January 2028.
Important Update - 12th July 13:15 UTC
Unfortunately a serious issue was found with the CMS user interface post-release. We will shortly release a hotfix to resolve this. Any users who have already upgraded can downgrade to 3.1.3 (no need to restore database backups) or can wait for the hotfix to be released and upgrade again. We do not advise anyone who has not upgraded to 3.1.4 yet to do so until the hotfix is available.
For further details and to track progress you can refer to the following issue: Select boxes will not close #2856.
Important Update - 12th July 13:50 UTC
This release has been updated with a hotfix. If you are using docker you can run
docker-compose pull && docker-compose up -d to get the updated code. If you use one of the release archives you can extract the new one over the top as if you were doing an upgrade.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Please use the links below to download this release:
At the time of writing these are the latest players:
v2 players will connect to a v3 CMS, but please be aware that new v3 features will not be supported.
1.8 players will also function but please be aware that v2/v3 features will not be supported.
The minimum version of Xibo for webOS that will function with a v3 CMS is v2 R206.
The minimum version of Xibo for Tizen that will function with a v3 CMS is v2 R202.
We recommend using player software of the same version as your CMS.
15 issues have been addressed in this release!
- 2855: Playlist Editor: Re-centre main modal when toolbar content is opened
- 2853: Displays : using "with selected" to set bandwidth limit does not work correctly
- 2852: Displays: using "with selected" to edit tags doesn't work when there are existing tags
- 2851: Features: cannot assign existing media to a layout without playlist.modify
- 2850: Tag field preview popup hidden in overlay scroll
- 2849: Commands: characters that are not XML safe in the command or validation strings cause XML parse failures at the player
- 2848: Tags: the tag preview popup appears partially hidden behind the form field
- 2845: MySQL: database restores fails with "Cannot get geometry object from data you send to the GEOMETRY field"
- 2844: Display Group Delete: possible to delete the display specific group via the API
- 2843: Display Group Copy - Members and assignments are not copied when requested
- 2842: Layout Editor: Preview toolbar info breaks when too long
- 2840: Playlist Editor inside Layout Editor needs modal z-index fixed
- 2847: Displays: using "with selected" to edit tags hides the display
- 2846: Display Groups: dynamic display groups are always reassessed when editing a display
- 2841: Tidy Cypress tests
Please leave any feedback in the comments!
Read more from the blog
Read more from the blog