We are pleased to announce our 4th bug fix release for the 1.8 series of Xibo. The codename for this series is “Tempel”.
Please use the links below to download this release:
You may use any 1.8 series compatible Player with this release.
The CMS can be upgraded to later versions - we recommend all users upgrade when possible to take advantage of the latest bug fixes and features. Please refer to the upgrade guide.
This release contains improvements to the XMR push messaging service. If a custom manual or custom Docker installation has been performed XMR should also be upgraded. If the standard Docker files are used XMR will be upgraded automatically.
Improvements have been made to the way custom modules reference files for getResource rendering, which means that these resources no-longer have to live under the /web folder. Please see the Advanced Modules Documentation which has also been updated with the changes.
This release contains a new feature called "Remote DataSets" which adds extra functionality to the existing DataSets feature. Remote DataSets allow a user to configure a remote data source for a DataSet, which will then be synchronised automatically by the CMS. A very special thanks to LukyLuke for contributing this excellent new feature.
- Total issues resolved: 31
- Total contributors: 4
- 1376: Notification Widget not-refreshing as new Notifications are added thanks to @dasgarner
- 1375: Notification Widget missing from new install thanks to @dasgarner
- 1372: Notification - typo in the API documentation thanks to @PeterMis
- 1366: Widgets: Cache invalidation can cause image resource to become unlinked thanks to @dasgarner
- 1364: Display Notify: Not working reliably under all circumstances. thanks to @alexharrington
- 1361: Video duration of 1 when another region controls the Layout duration thanks to @dasgarner
- 1360: Ticker - incorrect duration with number of items set thanks to @PeterMis
- 1355: DataSet data edit resets datetime columns if they aren't provided thanks to @dasgarner
- 1354: ForecastIo.php - small typo thanks to @Mondlicht81
- 1352: Error running Library Tidy with datasets with spaces in column names thanks to @alexharrington
- 1351: Region Timeline - Grid View shows incorrect duration thanks to @PeterMis
- 1349: Campaigns - Editing a campaign by a user without permissions to all layouts in the campaign incorrectly updates the campaign thanks to @PeterMis
- 1343: XMDS Schedule dependant when operating in v4 mode thanks to @dasgarner
- 1341: Library Tidy from Settings throws Unexpected Error thanks to @dasgarner
- 1340: Stocks module settings form mentions Yahoo API which is out of date thanks to @dasgarner
- 1374: Remote DataSets need a troubleshooting tool thanks to @dasgarner
- 1368: XMR: Implement QoS to prevent race conditions and flooding thanks to @dasgarner
- 1362: Ticker - effect none confusing when combined with items per page. thanks to @dasgarner
- 1356: Module Files: Serve from the Library not the file system thanks to @dasgarner
- 1347: Column Visibility - remember selections between sessions thanks to @dasgarner
- 1346: Permissions list in grids gets messy when its too large thanks to @dasgarner
- 1320: Add support for remotely fetching and updating DataSets from JSON sources thanks to @dasgarner
- 1342: Manual - unclear what to do with the archive thanks to @PeterMis
- 1367: DataSets - .csv import with special characters / different language issues thanks to @PeterMis
- 1353: Manual: Apache reverse proxy example needs additional header thanks to @alexharrington
- 1359: Stock and Currencies - Add backend validation for items/base fields thanks to @PeterMis
- 1373: DataSet /Ticker - filter by displayId thanks to @PeterMis
- 1365: Currencies / Stocks modules for alphavantage don't respect proxy config thanks to @alexharrington
- 1357: Upgrade to 1.8.3 error if upgrading from earlier than 1.8.0-alpha2 thanks to @dasgarner
- 1345: User Logout: Non-super admins can't logout manually thanks to @dasgarner
- 1344: IE: Problem with some transactions thanks to @dasgarner
Read more from the blog
Read more from the blog