We are pleased to announce the third patch to the 4.0 version of the Xibo CMS. The codename for this version is “Westphal”.
20D/Westphal 3 was a periodic comet with an orbital period of 61 years. It fits the classical definition of a Halley-type comet with (20 years < period < 200 years). It was originally discovered by the German astronomer J. G. Westphal on July 24, 1852.
Take a look at our latest guide which explores the User experience in v4: Overview of v4 for Existing Users.
Fixes and Features
This release is a bug release which contains 21 resolved issues.
- 3177: DataSet: no data message doesn't work on static templates (except dataset_custom_html)
- 3176: Can't add the dashboard widget
- 3157: Widget: text flickers after upgrade (rich text)
- 3149: Schedule Calendar: NAN for each day when date format is H:i d-m-Y
- 3148: RSS: widget and status dashboard latest news shows everything with the same date/time
- 3146: Widget: embedded has transparent, scale and preload defaulted differently in v4
- 3144: Widget: DataSet [DisplayId] filtering doesn't work on the player
- 3173: Layout Editor : Resolutions not filtered by enabled flag
- 3172: Calendar elements: Data not being formatted on preview
- 3171: Folders page : no Folder details displayed
- 3161: Playlists: cannot scroll, the scroll bars are not displayed thanks to @robogito
- 3158: Schedule: sync form does not show any layouts in the dropdown when the CMS is in a sub folder
- 3156: FontCSS: Unable to write to the library
- 3155: Maintenance: Unable to copy asset: weather-humidity-percent
- 3153: Video upload: thumbnail not captured unless you click on the timebar in the preview window
- 3152: XMDS: some URLs have spaces in them
- 3150: Schedule : Sync Event throws Unexpected error when not every Display has Layout assigned to it
- 3143: Maintenance: remove expired files needs to be adapted for the new way of caching
- 3138: Widget elements: Mastodon shows username instead of post text and date is not formatted
- 3137: Upgrade: v3 to v4 no modules enabled
Please use the links below to download this release:
Visit our Downloads page for all the latest releases.
Install / Upgrade
Instructions for installation/upgrade can be found here.
Please note: it is difficult to get PHP-ZMQ working on PHP8.1 under Windows/IIS; this community post outlines a method for doing so.
We recommend using player software of the same version as your CMS. The latest player software is available here.
Earlier versions of the player will connect to a v4 CMS in legacy mode.
The minimum versions of Xibo for webOS and Xibo for Tizen that will function with a v4 CMS are v3 R308.
Xibo is built on feedback from our users, community and customers. Please let us know what you think of v4 in the comments.
Read more from the blog
Read more from the blog