We are pleased to announce the fifth patch to the 4.0 version of the Xibo CMS. The codename for this version is “Westphal”.
20D/Westphal 3 was a periodic comet with an orbital period of 61 years. It fits the classical definition of a Halley-type comet with (20 years < period < 200 years). It was originally discovered by the German astronomer J. G. Westphal on July 24, 1852.
Take a look at our latest guide which explores the User experience in v4: Overview of v4 for Existing Users.
Fixes and Features
This release is a bug release which contains 46 resolved issues.
- 3225: PDF duration per page doesn't work in v4
- 3218: Weather: Background image path wrong when migrating from v3 to v4
- 3217: Widget: Shell Command broken when migrating from v3
- 3214: RSS Ticker: Articles come from last to first
- 3213: HLS widget not working on XfA when using CMS 4.0.4
- 3190: Elements: duplicate group doesn't work
- 3187: RSS: take items from start/end doesn't work the same in v4
- 3186: Applications: unable to grant application scopes in sharing
- 3181: Displays: cannot override download/update window start/end times
- 3134: Embedded: Your library reference 0 does not exist
- 3223: Layout Editor: Playlist Mixer control no saving
- 3221: Layout editor viewer: Element Groups with layer 0 show out of order
- 3216: Android: timeSyncFromCms and webCachedEnabled settings are missing the checkbox type and are therefore ignored
- 3211: DataSet: HTML element is appearing as text
- 3210: Proof of play sending loop in Mongo DB
- 3209: Dataset: No data message
- 3208: Dataset String Template: Playlist with the template does not show the items
- 3207: Schedule Grid : Recurrence description incorrect for weekly repeats
- 3206: Ad Campaign : Potential of Division by zero error
- 3205: DataSet Column : Cannot save a Column with list content
- 3204: Layout : Full screen Layout created from Media/Playlist missing modifiedDt
- 3202: Display Profile : Some config settings not encoded correctly after v4 migrations
- 3201: XMDS: missing default layout throws HTTP 500
- 3199: Calendar widget: Start interval month not returning data
- 3198: Sharing for DayPart: Change the owner of a daypart returns an error
- 3196: Weather widget not appearing in correct location in layout preview
- 3195: Text flashes on-screen once and then disappears when a weather widget is also present
- 3194: Docker: automatic database backups not running v4
- 3193: CDN: v3 players connecting to a v4 CMS fail to download the second time if the first time fails
- 3192: Substitutes parser doesn't handle custom date format for variables
- 3191: Library: video thumbnails should be empty if no thumbnail is available
- 3188: Elements: Dataset not showing all added slots in preview/player
- 3185: Canva: we are unable to publish your design
- 3180: Weather: Required elements and sample data
- 3179: Editor Viewer: Show empty regions
- 3178: Widget: DataSet Image Slideshow doesn't show DataSet Field when the dataset has no image columns
- 3167: Weather widget: Convert placeholders format from PHP to Moment
- 3162: Upgrade fails if the CMS has tags with special characters
- 3092: Colour picker rendered off screen when at the bottom of the property panel
- 3219: Improve Rich Text module
- 3183: Folder search filter
- 3175: Language Control: Populate with available languages
- 3133: Displays: map results load even if you don't ever open the map view
- 3130: Weather widget: changing the language doesn't affect the whole template
- 3182: Calender Widget: Exclude weekend days button does nothing thanks to @brunofresco
- 3174: UX: Top bar menu entry "Users" has no dropdown and is always open thanks to @robogito
Please use the links below to download this release:
Visit our Downloads page for all the latest releases.
Install / Upgrade
Instructions for installation/upgrade can be found here.
Please note: it is difficult to get PHP-ZMQ working on PHP8.1 under Windows/IIS; this community post outlines a method for doing so.
We recommend using player software of the same version as your CMS. The latest player software is available here.
Earlier versions of the player will connect to a v4 CMS in legacy mode.
The minimum versions of Xibo for webOS and Xibo for Tizen that will function with a v4 CMS are v3 R308.
Xibo is built on feedback from our users, community and customers. Please let us know what you think of v4 in the comments.
Read more from the blog
Read more from the blog