On this page
Xibo provides useful metrics for Users, who have the relevant enabled Features and Sharing options, to view reports within the CMS. These are designed to provide a centralised area for analysis into Display performance and usage as well as detailed Proof of Play reports which are all available from All Reports under the Reporting section on the main menu.
Display Statistics: Bandwidth
The CMS records the bandwidth used by each Display when connecting to XMDS for content and when reporting back Display information.
- Select the range and click on Apply. Leaving the Display field empty will show a bandwidth chart total per Display:
- Filter to just one Display and click on Apply to see each call that the Player made to XMDS in isolation:
Use the All Reports button to return to the Reporting dashboard or use the Reports drop down menu to select another ‘Display’ report to view.
The CMS records all Displays/Display Groups on/offline events to provide a breakdown regarding a Displays availability.
The Time Connected Report will give a breakdown of % connected (shown in green) and % disconnected (shown in blue)
Select the Range and Group by Hour or Day of Month.
Leave the Display/Display Group field empty to view all or select Displays/Display Groups to view.
The Summary gives a further breakdown between specified dates for Displays/Display Groups and shows the number of days connected/disconnected:
Proof of Play
Each Display can collect information to provide Proof of Play Reports on what they have shown by:
- Layout - this will show all instances of the selected Layout being shown.
- Media - this will show all instances of the selected Media file being shown.
- Widget - this will give a report on that one selected Widget contained within a Layout. (This also includes Widgets that do not contain Library media files, such as Text).
- Event - If the Player supports collection from external sensors, Event stats will be recorded and shown in Reports.
- To collect Proof of Play reports Enable Stats Reporting and set the Aggregation level on a Display Profile Setting
Proof of Play Default Settings
Statistical collection can be enabled by default from the Settings page under the Administration section of the main CMS menu.
Click on the Displays tab:
Set the level of collection of Proof of Play statistics to be applied to all Layouts / Media and Widget items as default.
- Individual - statistics are recorded at the start and finish of each item individually and sent back to the CMS at each collection interval.
- Hourly - records each item once, and includes the total number of times played and the length of time played during the hour and is sent back to the CMS on the next collection interval after the hour period has expired.
- Daily - records each item once, and includes the total number of times played and the length of time played during the day and is sent back to the CMS on the next collection interval after the day has expired.
Enable Stats Collection
- Tick the box to enable the collection of Proof of Play statistics to all Displays as default.
This can be toggled on/off by editing Display Setting Profiles.
Enable Layout Stats Collection
- Tick the box to set the default to on for the collection of Proof of Play statistics for all newly added Layouts.
Collection can be disabled by unticking the box on the Add/Edit Layout form.
Enable Media Stats Collection
Use the dropdown menu to select the default setting to use for the collection of Proof of Play statistics for all Media items.
Off On Inherit
Enable Playlist Stats Collection
Use the dropdown menu to select the default setting to use for the collection of Proof of Play statistics for all Playlists.
Off On Inherit
Enable Widget Stats Collection
Use the dropdown menu to select the default setting to use for the collection of Proof of Play statistics for all Widgets.
Off On Inherit
Proof of Play Reports
Proof of Play: Export
Use Export to select from and to dates for a Display to easily see all Proof of Play data exported to a CSV.
Proof of Play: Report
- Select a Range from the dropdown or specify your own dates and times and use the filter fields as necessary.
- Click Apply
Click on All Reports to return to the Reports Dashboard or use the Reports dropdown to select from the available Proof of Play Reports.
Chart: Summary/Distribution by Layout, Media or Event
Charts show an aggregate duration and number of plays the selected Layout, Media or Event.
- Select a Range.
- Choose the Type and use the drop down to further specify the type selected.
- Click Apply.
View Library usage for all Users of the CMS or filter to have an overview of usage by an individual User/User Group.
Reports can be scheduled to run on a Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Yearly basis.
Click on the Schedule button and complete the necessary form fields for the particular report type.
A PDF of the report can be emailed to users by ticking the Should an email be sent? checkbox
To use this functionality, ensure that a Sending email address has been set on the Network tab of the CMS Settings page, which is located under the Administration section of the main menu.
Click on the Report Schedules button to view all schedules by Owner/Type.
Use the row menu for a report for further options:
Click on Saved Reports to view all run reports.
Use the row menu to view a saved report,schedule, export as a PDF or delete.