- DataSet Ticker
- DataSet View
- Google Traffic
- HTML Package
- Local Video
- Menu Boards
- Shell Command
- Sub Playlist
- Twitter Metro
- Video In
- Web Page
- World Clock
Playlists allow for the creation of ‘Reusable Playlists’ which are created and managed independently to Layouts. Once created, Playlists can then be easily reused across multiple Regions and Layouts.
Think of Playlists as a two part process:
- The Playlist (contains the content and configuration of media to be shown)
- The Sub-Playlist Widget (once added to Layouts, Playlists can be selected and further configured to Play in a specified order)
Playlists are administered by clicking on Playlists under the Library section of the main menu:
The Playlists Grid allows you to edit existing and create new.
Click the Folders icon to toggle on/off from view.
- Click on a Folder/sub-folder to search the contents and return results based on any filters applied to the grid.
- Tick All Folders to include searching in the Root Folder and return results based on any filters applied to the grid.
Check out the Folders page for further information!
- Click on the Add Playlist button and complete the appropriate form fields:
- Playlists can be optionally saved to Folders for easier searches, organisation and to easily set Share options for Users/User Groups.
Provide a Name for easy identification purposes within the CMS.
Include optional Tags to organise and make it easier to search for.
- Use the Dynamic check box if you want to automatically manage media assignments for this Playlist.
- Once selected, click on the Filter tab to set the criteria to use to add Library Media and automatically maintain the Playlist.
- Enter a number to set the maximum amount of Media items that can be dynamically assigned to the Playlist.
- Complete the form fields and click the Save button:
Add to the canvas by clicking to add or drag and drop.
Once added, configure using the available options:
Change the order of added media items in a Playlist by clicking on a Widget in the Timeline and dragging it to the desired positioning. As changes are autosaved, use the Undo button located at the of the toolbar to revert any changes if required.
All Widgets/Library Media can access a Context Menu with a set of options that can be applied, such as Share access and Transitions. Right click a selected Widget/Media file to access. Further information regarding the Context Menu can be found on the Layout Designer page of the manual.
Playlists are edited independently to Layouts, so there is no need to access or edit the Layout(s) the Playlist has been added to.
- To edit content on the Playlist use the row menu from the Playlist grid and select Timeline to open the Playlist editor.
Use the Row Menu to access further actions/shortcuts for the selected Playlist
The creator (owner) of the Playlist or a Super Administrator can assign View/Edit/Delete access for other Users/User Groups.
Take a look at Features and Sharing for more information.
Include the Sub-Playlist Widget to add Playlists to Layouts.