On this page
The CMS Library stores all file-based media that is uploaded for use on Layouts.
Library media is managed from Media under the Library section of the main menu:
Use the availalble filters to easily narrow down searches.
Use the Folder Search option to view media saved to folders:
When Folders are hidden from view, the file path for the selected folder will be shown!
- Click on a Folder/sub-folder to search the contents and return results based on any filters applied to the grid.
- Tick All Folders to include searching in the Root Folder and return results based on any filters applied to the grid.
Library media can be either uploaded directly using the Add Media button and uploading or by providing a URL using the Add Media (URL) button.
Select the Add Media button at the top of the grid:
Click Add files and select the file(s) you wish to upload.
- Give your file a Name for easier identification in the CMS and an optional Tag.
Media can also be directly uploaded to a specified Folder location.
Click on the Select Folder button and expand to select a Folder to save in.
Users can also right click a Folder to access further options.
Click in the Folder you wish to upload the file to and click Done.
The Current Folder will now show the selected file path.
Click the Start upload button to begin the upload of all files. If a Folder has been selected and you have added multiple files, all files will be uploaded to that location.
Files can also be uploaded individually and have different Folder locations specified. Instead of clicking on the Start upload button, click on the blue upload button shown at the end of the row for an added file.
- Change the Folder location using the Select Folder button as before and then click the blue button at the end of the row to upload just that singular file.
- Once all files have been successfully uploaded, click Done.
Add Media via URL
- Select the Add Media (URL) button at the top of the grid.
- Use the Select Folder button if you need to select /create a specific Folder to add this media file to.
- Provide the remote URL for the file.
- Include a Name to be used instead of the file name if required for easier identification in the system.
- Click to Save.
Xibo comes with a set of standard fonts provided by our text editor tool - CKEditor, which are currently:
- Aileron Heavy Regular (Aileron-Heavy.otf)
- Aileron Regular (Aileron-Regular.otf)
- Dancing Script Regular (DancingScript-Regular.ttf)
- Railway Regular (Railway.ttf)
- Linear Regular (linear-by-braydon-fuller.otf)
Additional fonts can be added to the Library using the uploader tool. Once added, the font will be available to use in the text editor.
Each item in the Library has a row menu where users can access a list of actions/shortcuts
Make changes to Folder location, Naming, Duration etc:
Current Folder will show the current file path. Click Select Folder to move to a different location.
Tags - allow for ordering and make files easier to find.
Expiry date - set a date and time to remove the selected media file completely from the CMS.
- Enable Media Stats Collection - set the collection of Proof of Play statistics to On / Off / Inherit for the selected Media file.
- Orientation - applicable for Images and Videos, set as Landscape or Portrait to set for filtering.
It may be necessary to upload a new revision of an existing file. This can be done by using the Replace button at the bottom of the form.
Upload a replacement file using the same steps as before and select whether the replacement file should be updated to all Layouts it is currently assigned to and if the old version should be removed.
Make copies of the selected media file, give the copied file a new Name and Tag.
Select a Folder to save the media file to.
Media files can only be deleted from the CMS if they are not being used on any existing Layouts .The option to force a delete from any existing Layouts must be used with caution as deleting a file cannot be reversed.
Tick in the box to enable a hard push using XMDS to completely remove the file from a Players local storage:
Please note: The Purge list functionality is supported from Android R301 and Windows R302. We are currently working to bring this to all Players.
Enable Share options for selected Users/User Groups.
Download a copy of the media file for ease of sharing.
Enable Stats collection
Enable the collection of Proof of Play statistics.
This will show if the selected media file is directly assigned/scheduled to Displays.
- Use the Layout tab to see what Layouts the media file is currently included in.