On this page
Xibo has two Campaign types:
- Layout List - is used to ensure the play order of a group of Layouts by placing them in an ordered list.
- Ad Campaign - create advertising campaigns (Feature enabled).
Both Campaign types are created and managed by selecting Campaigns under the Design section of the main CMS Menu:
- Click the Add Campaign button
- Select the Type of Campaign to create.
Create a Layout List Campaign
- Select Layout List from the drop down and complete the form fields:
- Give your Campaign a Name for easy identification in the CMS including optional Tags.
Cycle Based Playback
- Campaign Cycle Playback
- Available from CMS: 3.1
- Campaign Cycle Playback 3.1
- Optionally enable cycle based playback for the Campaign.
- If enabled, provide a Play Count to determine how many ‘plays’ a Layout should have before moving onto the next Layout in the Campaign.
When you schedule a Campaign with cycle playback enabled, each time the scheduled event appears only 1 Layout will be shown for the set count from the Campaign.
List Play Order
Use the List play order drop down to select how you would like the Layouts in the Campaign to play when scheduled alongside another Campaign with the same Display Order in Scheduled Events:
Round Robin - Layouts from each Campaign with the same Display Order will play interleaved.
Block - Layouts will play in their entirety from the Campaign before moving onto the next.
On Saving , the form will re-open with additional tabs:
Optionally use this tab to provide reference information for the selected Campaign. Once added, this information can be viewed in the Campaign grid and via the API.
Use the Layouts tab to assign Layouts to this Campaign:
Assign Layouts using the
+icon. Selected Layouts will be added to the ‘staging area’ at the top of the form.
Remove by clicking the
-icon next to a Layout from the staging area.
Re-order selected Layouts using drag and drop to ensure that Layouts play in your chosen sequence.
Click Save to keep changes.
Click Schedule to open the Schedule Event form to create a schedule for your Campaign,
Layouts can be directly assigned to Campaigns from the Layouts grid. Use the row menu for the Layout to add and click Assign to Campaign. Layouts will be assigned to the end of the selected Campaign by default!
Create Advertising Campaigns where Xibo will work out how many plays are needed to satisfy entered criteria and handle the scheduling automatically for you.
Create an Ad Campaign
- Select Ad Campaign from the drop down menu:
Complete the required form fields:
- Give your Ad Campaign a Name for easy identification in the CMS including optional Tags.
Use the drop down to set the Target Type for this Ad Campaign as Plays, Budget or Impressions.
Include the total Target number for this Ad Campaign in relation to its selected Target Type.
Click to Save.
The new Ad Campaign record will be added to the grid.
- Use the row menu and select Edit to provide the required criteria in order that Xibo can work out the play frequency:
- Provide Start and End Dates and Times for the Ad Campaign. (This is required information and cannot be left blank)
- Select from available Displays and Display Groups to play this Ad Campaign on. (This is required information and cannot be left blank)
- Click to Save.
- Assign a Layout using the Add Layout drop down menu.
Once a Layout is selected further scheduling options are available:
Select which Days of the Week this Layout should be active in this Ad Campaign.
Choose from existing Dayparts if this Layout is only to be shown at selected predefined times.
For example, If you needed to show the same Layout for a defined ‘Morning’ daypart as well as a defined ‘Evening’ daypart add the Layout twice and define the required dayparts individually for each!
- Draw areas on the map to provide geo fenced based plays for any mobile displays, with content to be shown on entering a defined area.
- Click to Save.
The Layout will be added to the Campaign which can be edited/deleted if required using the row menu:
Continue to build your Ad Campaign by selecting Layouts and defining scheduling options.
Xibo will schedule automatically to fulfil the required play criteria to meet entered Targets.
Ad Campaigns can be viewed on the Schedule as locked entries which cannot be edited from the scheduler itself.
Agenda can be used to see a more detailed play view of the Ad Campaign and preview included Layouts.
The Ad Campaign progress will be shown in the Campaigns grid and on opening the Ad Campaign, providing that Proof of Play has been set to ON for all Displays and Layouts selected for the Campaign. As well as Cost per play and Impressions per play fields are completed for all selected Displays.
The Reference tab can be optionally used to provide reference information for the selected Ad Campaign. Once added, this information can be viewed in the Campaign grid and via the API.
Both Campaign types have a row menu where Users can access a list of actions/shortcuts.