- Modules and Connectors
- Google Traffic
- HTML Package
- Local Video
- Menu Board Category
- Menu Board Products
- Shell Command
- Video In
- World Clock
Create Display Groups to group together specific Displays for easier Scheduling and management as your Xibo system grows.
Display Groups can contain both singular Displays as well as other Display Groups. This allows you to target large numbers of Displays with just a simple Schedule
Display Groups are managed in the CMS by clicking Display Groups under the Displays section of the main CMS menu:
Use the Add Display Group button to create a new Display Group and complete the required form fields:
Display Groups can be saved to Folders to easily control User/User User Group levels of interaction for Display Groups as well as provide an additional way to organise.
Displays need to be assigned to the Display Group in one of two ways, by manually adding or it can be controlled with filter criteria as a Dynamic Group.
To assign members to this group dynamically:
- Tick the Dynamic Group checkbox on the form to reveal additional form fields.
- Filter criteria for Dynamic Groups is in the format of regular expressions, but can also be simple string comparisons. The expressions should be separated by a comma and can be negated with a
- Click to Save
To manually assign members to this group:
- Leave the Dynamic Group checkbox unticked and click to Save the form.
- Use the row menu for the new Display Group record and select Members.
- Use the checkbox for each Display to control the membership to the group.
- click to Save.
Display Groups can be nested to create complex structures and targeted Scheduling.
- Site 1
- Site 1 - Building A
- Site 1 - Building A - Level 1
- Site 1 - Building A - Level 2
- Site 1 - Building B
The Display membership is set on the lowest level groups and those groups then belong to the next level up, which in turn belong to the highest level parent “Site 1”. The CMS will not allow a circular reference to be created (an assignment that creates a loop i.e. Site 1 has Site 1 - Building A, and Site 1 - Building A has Site 1.)
Schedules, Media files and Layout Assignments set to the Display Group, will apply to all members assigned to the group.
Each Display Group has a row menu containing a number of actions/shortcuts.
- Click on Members to manage the membership of Display Groups which have had Displays manually assigned.
- Use Edit to view the criteria used for dynamic memberships and to make changes if required.
- Directly Assign Library files and Layouts to a Display Group so that they are always available in the local library of the Player.