On this page
Use Templates to speed up the design process and ensure a corporate standard is maintained.
- Use existing Layout designs to easily save as Templates.
- Create and manage Templates from a dedicated page for easier management.
- Add Zones to Templates to act as content placeholders on a Layout.
- Set Share options to restrict User access to selected zones on a Template.
- Show Published Templates for selection in the Layout Editor.
- Speed up the entire Layout design process for all Users.
- Apply a standardised look to all Layouts.
Templates are created by selecting Templates under the Design section of the main CMS menu.
- Select the Add Template button and complete the form fields.
Give your Template a Name for easy identification in the CMS and include optional Tags.
Select the Resolution.
On Saving, the Layout Editor will automatically open with one full size Zone.
Zones are used to define areas on a Layout which content can be added to.
- Click anywhere on the zone to select to resize and move:
Zones can be added from the toolbar:
- Click on the top Widget button.
- Use the scroll bar or enter
Zonein the Search field.
- Select the Zone and drag and drop or click on the canvas to add.
- Resize and Position on the canvas.
- Set to Loop only if the Zone contains a Widget that needs to update periodically (e.g. RSS Ticker) and it needs to update more frequently than the duration of the overall Layout.
Use the positioning tab in the properties panel to set Layering for overlapping Zones/content.
Add both content and Zones to your Template to build your design.
Once your Template is complete, use the menu at the top of the editor to Publish:
Published Templates will show for selection in the toolbar of the Layout Editor when creating Layouts!
Save Layout as Template
Published Layouts can be saved as a Template from two locations:
- From the Layout Editor, after Publishing go back to the menu and select Save Template:
- From the Layouts grid, use the row menu for a Published Layout and select Save Template.
Complete all relevant form fields to save the selected Layout as a Template.
All Templates have a row menu where Users can access a list of actions/shortcuts.
- Notable settings are listed below:
Select to make design changes to the Template in the Layout Editor.
To make edits to a Published Template click to Checkout and create a draft. Once edited the Template can be published to make the changes permanent overwriting the existing Template. Discard will revert the Template back to its original published state.
Select to Publish to add to Templates which can be selected in the Layout Editor when creating Layouts.
Discard all changes made to a draft and revert back to the previous Published version.
Set Share options for User/User Group access to individual Templates.
Export the Template including all associated Widgets/Media/DataSet structures to a ZIP file, so it can be easily shared.
Use the With Selected option at the bottom of the Templates grid to perform bulk actions for multiple Templates!