- Tidy Library
- Resizing Images
- Menu Boards
- DataSet Ticker
- DataSet View
- Google Traffic
- HTML Package
- Local Video
- Menu Boards
- Shell Command
- Sub Playlist
- Twitter Metro
- Video In
- Web Page
- World Clock
Regions define areas on a Layout which hold Media to form sets of timed content which are added and edited by using the edit layout icon located below the viewer:
- Click on a Region to select (highlighted orange once selected) and resize by using the handle located in the right bottom corner.
- Move a selected Region around the canvas using drag and drop.
- Add further Regions by clicking on the + button located in the bottom left:
- Clicking anywhere on the canvas will save changes made to a Region.
Further options are available in the properties panel:
- Highlight a Region to view the options
- The General tab allows you to optionally create a Name for a Region for easier identification in the CMS, and to enable the Loop option if it is required.
When to enable Loop?
It may be desirable to have a Region with just 1 media item reload when that item has finished. With the Loop ticked the media item will reload each time it expires and show refreshed content until other Regions have fully played out. Loop is only effective for a Region with only 1 media item and should only be used for certain Media types where the content changes (Ticker RSS, Calendar etc).
Consider the following rules when thinking about using the Region Loop option for the best results:
- If your Region contains more than one Widget, Loop should not be enabled.
- If your Region contains one Widget, and that Widget is a ‘fixed’ item (eg Text), Loop should not be enabled.
- If your Region contains one Widget, and that Widget needs to update periodically (eg RSS Ticker Widget), Loop can be enabled ONLY if the Widget needs to update MORE frequently than the duration of the overall Layout.
- Use the Positioning tab for more precise sizing and positioning of Regions, as well as setting a Layering Order for playback.
If required, overlapping Regions can be ordered for playback using z-index settings.
Enter a number in the Layer field to determine the order that Region should be shown within the overall stack.
The Layer order is determined by the number entered here, with 1 considered the lowest Layer. The higher the number the higher the Layer.
At the bottom of this tab, click on the Make this Region full screen text to resize as shown by the dimensions displayed here.
- Select the Transitions tab to apply an Exit Transition for when the Region finishes playing.
Exit transitions happen when the last media item in a Region is shown and occurs only when all other media items have expired in the other Regions.
- Ensure any edits made are saved using the Save button before returning to the Layout View.
Actions can be attached to Regions to effect changes on the Layout. Full details are available on the Interactive Actions page.
Control which Users/ User Groups can have View/ Edit /Delete access for a Region.
- Assign and Edit Share options by right clicking on the target Region to open the form:
Remove Regions by highlighting the Region to delete in the viewer or timeline and cliick the bin icon. Please note: This action cannot be undone!
Exit the editor and return to the Layout View by using the back arrow in the top left of the viewer.