Audit Trail CMS
- Xibo for Android
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on DSDevices
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices
- Hardware Recommendations
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Request Player Status via CMS - Logged in Players only
- Request Player Status directly from a Device
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
On this page
The CMS provides an Audit Log which records User and System Task activity within certain parts of the CMS.
The log can be found by clicking on Audit Trail under the Advanced section of the CMS main menu.
Each column provides information that can be used to track / investigate changes made:
ID - This column shows the generated identification number for the record.
Date - Gives the date and timestamp to show when the action occurred.
User - This column shows who initiated the action. When the action has occurred as a result of a System Task, the username will show as blank.
Entity - Name of the type of object affected by the action.
Entity ID - The identification number of the affected object.
Message - Shows what action has occurred.
Object - Expand to see a breakdown which will give further details as to what has been actioned.
Looking at the above example you can see that an Image Widget was added to a Layout on the 21st of January at 16:10 hrs by user ‘v2training’
ID. Additionally when edits to Media are logged, the Media name/type and filename will be shown to make it easier to identify the deleted Media!