Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Xibo for Android
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on DSDevices
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices
- Hardware Recommendations
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Request Player Status via CMS - Logged in Players only
- Request Player Status directly from a Device
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
On this page
On occasion, it may be required to restart your Android device. If you don’t have a direct access to the device itself it’s possible to do this remotely via a shell command.
Commands can be created to be executed via XMR in a Schedule or included in a Layout. Create a Command record to allow for a command to be used across Display Profiles, Scheduled Events and the Shell Command Module. For further information please see the Command Functionality page.
The Shell Command Module can be used to instruct the Player device to execute a Command outside of the Xibo environment, using the operating system shell. Commands are executed when the Shell Command Widget is included to a Region Timeline to be shown on a Layout. Layouts can then be Scheduled in order to execute Shell Commands at specific times.
In order to use Shell Commands for restarting a device remotely you will need to create a dedicated Layout with:
- A “Restarting…” text message in one Region.
- A second Region containing a Shell Command with the Linux Command set to “reboot”.