Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Xibo for Android
- DSDevices DSCS9X/95 Set-up Guide
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on DSDevices
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices
- Hardware Recommendations
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Sony Bravia SoC
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Request Player Status via CMS - Logged in Players only
- Request Player Status directly from a Device
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
On occasion, it may be required to restart your Android device. If you don’t have a direct access to the device itself it’s possible to do this remotely via a Shell Command.
Commands can be created to be executed via XMR in a Schedule or included in a Scheduled Layout.
Create a Command record to allow for a command to be used across Display Profiles, Scheduled Events and the Shell Command Module.
Create a Command to Schedule to devices.
- Select Commands under the Displays section of the main CMS menu.
- Click Add Command.
- Give the Command a name
REBOOTas the reference code.
- Use the drop down to select Free Text for Command and enter
rebootas the Command String.
- From the Available on field select Android.
- Next, select Schedule from the main CMS menu.
- Click Add Event.
- Give your Event a Name.
- Use the Event Type drop down and select Command.
- Select the Displays this Command should be applied to.
- Select a Start Time the Command should be actioned.
- Use the drop down to select the created
Rebootcommand from the list.
- Using the Repeats tab, you can set the Event to repeat as required:
The Shell Command Module can also be used to instruct the Player device to execute a Command outside of the Xibo environment, using the operating system shell. Commands are executed when the Shell Command Widget is added to a dedicated Layout and Scheduled.