Menu not accessible
- Xibo for Android
- DSDevices DSCS9X/95 Set-up Guide
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on DSDevices
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices
- Hardware Recommendations
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Sony Bravia SoC
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Request Player Status via CMS - Logged in Players only
- Request Player Status directly from a Device
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
On this page
Menu not accessible
The Action bar is hidden making it impossible to open the Settings Menu on the Android device.
Possible Cause - Action Bar Mode - Timed Hide
If the Timed Hide value is set too low it may not be possible to access the Settings menu to correct it
Xibo 1.7 and later CMS version - this setting can be adjusted in Display Setting Profiles.
For earlier versions you will have to reinstall the application.
Possible Cause - 3rd Party Launchers
Some 3rd party launchers prevent the Action bar from displaying correctly and will display for a second then disappear regardless of the Timed Hide setting.
Switch to the standard Android launcher
On some devices there is a keyboard button (on the bottom row and it’s symbol looks a bit like a list). Once pressed this button provides a couple of options including those that should be on the Action Bar Menu. keep this button pressed to bring up the full top bar to gain access.
Hiding the bottom bar
Some devices have the ability to “hide” the bottom navigation bar by either clicking a down arrow on the bar or by setting it to automatically hide in settings. This action will also hide the Xibo Action Bar. On most devices the navigation can be re-enabled by dragging upwards from the bottom of the screen with a mouse or remote.
Options available from R206
Connect a keyboard and use the following options:
i - To access the Status Logs
c - to access the ‘Connect to CMS’ page
s - to access the Settings menu