Player not updating from the CMS?
- Xibo for Android
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on DSDevices
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices
- Hardware Recommendations
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
On this page
Player not updating from the CMS?
Problem: Player is not connecting to the CMS
Player is not connecting to the CMS with the logged in status showing as X
There are a number of potential reasons to consider as detailed below:
Possible Cause - Not Authorised with the CMS
You may still need to authorise your Player with the CMS.
Please refer to the Player Installation guide for your Player and the Display Authorisation section.
Possible Cause - Commercial Player not licensed with Xibo Signage
For customers with Independent Pricing commercial Players (Android / webOS / Tizen), need a licence once your initial trial period expires. For further information please see Player Licensing.
If your email address/code is set correctly, from the Player menu open Player Settings and “Check Licence”. Your Player will communicate with Xibo Signage and will unlock the Player to run going forward.
Possible Cause - Incorrect email address/code entered in the Player Settings / Display Profile
When you buy a license, you associate it with a particular email address/code which you must ensure is the same as saved in your Player Settings/Display Profile
Check to ensure that you have entered the correct email address/code by logging into My Account and check the Licence Pool, making sure that email/code matches the information shown.
Possible Cause - Not logged in
If your Player device is not logged in there will be an X shown in the ‘logged in’ column. If there are no known issues with this device, it might mean that it’s offline/shut down.
Make sure that your device is powered up and has internet access.
Possible Cause - device blocking traffic
There could be a device on the network that is blocking traffic between the Player and the CMS (a firewall for example)
Please contact those responsible for your network to investigate further.
Problem: Logged in but not updating
The Display is marked as being logged in (a tick), but the content is not updating on the Player.
Possible Cause - Player downloading content
Check to ensure that the Player has downloaded all of its content. The “status” flag provides this information:
- Cloud icon - Pending changes are available for download the next time the Player connects with the CMS.
- Cross icon - Download is in progress for pending changes.
- Tick icon - Downloads are complete, the Player is up to date.
If the player has been in a “downloading” state ([!] or [x]) for an extended period of time you should check that the download window is set to a sensible value in Display Setting Profiles .
Possible Cause - Invalid Layouts
If your status is a “tick” it might be that the Player has detected an invalid layout.
Please refer to My scheduled Layouts are not working? page for further information.
If after checking all the above your Player is still showing as Unlicensed on the Status Screen, please open a ticket via My Account to contact to our support desk.