Player not updating from the CMS?
- Xibo for Android
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on a DSCS9
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices DSCS9
- Hardware Recommendations (website?)
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors (website?
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Rooting a Device
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- Orientation Settings for the DSDevices DSCS9 Player
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
On this page
Player not updating from the CMS?
Player is not connecting to the CMS with the logged in status showing as X
There are a number of potential reasons to consider as detailed below:
You may still need to authorise your Player with the CMS.
Please refer to the Player Installation guide for your Player and the Display Authorisation section.
For commercial Players (Android / webOS / Tizen), once your initial trial period expires, you must buy a license from Xibo Signage for each Player you intend to use. For further information please see Player Licensing.
If your email address/code is set correctly, from the Player menu open Player Settings and “Check Licence”. Your Player will communicate with Xibo Signage and will unlock the Player to run going forward.
When you buy a license, you associate it with a particular email address/code which you must ensure is the same as saved in your Player Settings/Display Profile
Check to ensure that you have entered the correct email address/code by logging into My Account and check the Licence Pool, making sure that email/code matches the information shown.
If your Player device is not logged in there will be an X shown in the ‘logged in’ column. If there are no known issues with this device, it might mean that it’s offline/shut down.
Make sure that your device is powered up and has internet access.
There could be a device on the network that is blocking traffic between the Player and the CMS (a firewall for example)
Please contact those responsible for your network to investigate further.
The Display is marked as being logged in (a tick), but the content is not updating on the Player.
Check to ensure that the Player has downloaded all of its content. The “status” flag provides this information:
- Cloud icon - Pending changes are available for download the next time the Player connects with the CMS.
- Cross icon - Download is in progress for pending changes.
- Tick icon - Downloads are complete, the Player is up to date.
If the player has been in a “downloading” state ([!] or [x]) for an extended period of time you should check that the download window is set to a sensible value in Display Setting Profiles .
If your status is a “tick” it might be that the Player has detected an invalid layout.
Please refer to My scheduled Layouts are not working? page for further information.
If after checking all the above your Player is still showing as Unlicensed on the Status Screen, please open a ticket via My Account to contact to our support desk.