- Xibo for Android
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on DSDevices
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices
- Hardware Recommendations
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
Xibo for Android has a number of options that can be configured, notable options are detailed below.
Please note: If you are connected to a 1.7 CMS or later options are accessible from Display Profiles (unless otherwise stated or marked with Local Only).
The code / email address of a Licence Pool that you have permission to consume a licence from. This is located on the Edit Profile form under the General tab. This is required for continued use after the Xibo for Android 14-day trial period and is the code / email provided on purchasing the licence.
The address of your Xibo CMS, so that your designed Layouts can be Scheduled to this Player. This is specified on installation by clicking on “Connect to CMS” and completing the form fields.
The unique Secret Key for your Xibo CMS. If you are an Admin User for the Xibo CMS this can be found on the Settings page under the Administration section of the CMS Menu. Non-admin Users should contact your System Administrator.
The name for this Display for internal identification purposes, located from the Displays section of the CMS Menu. This name will be used in the CMS to refer to the Display when Scheduling content and checking the Display Status.
Xibo downloads files and resources from the CMS and stores them on the
Internal Storage by default. However, it is often the case that a Signage Player will want to run on an SD card, using the
External Storage option.
The settings screen can be password protected by providing a Password in the Password Protect Settings field, located under the General tab on the Edit Profile form.
The collection interval defines how often the client will check for new content. We recommend a collection interval of 5 minutes for most use cases. This is located under the General tab in the Edit Profile form.
This is the unique Key for the Player and will be automatically generated at installation. Under normal circumstances, it will not be necessary to adjust the Hardware Key. Local Only.
Optionally replace the Splash Screen with an image from the devices photo Gallery. Local Only.
Located on the Location tab on the Edit Profile form, select Portrait/Landscape options. You must ensure that the device supports your chosen Orientation.
Located on the Advanced tab of the Edit Profile form, use the tick box to choose whether Xibo should start during the devices start up routine or not. We recommend that this is ticked so that in the event of a power failure, Xibo will relaunch when the device reboots.
The Action Bar appears along the top of the device and contains the Xibo menu items and logo. The Action Bar can be hidden (after showing once on application start), timed or it can appear after any User interaction. Make a selection from the Advanced tab on the Edit Profile form.
This is the duration the action bar will remain visible after being activated.
Use the tick box to select whether Xibo should restart after a crash situation or not.
Select the number of seconds that Xibo should wait before starting after a device restart (assuming it has been configured to start on boot).
For debugging purposes Xibo can produce extensive logging. Logging levels to be recorded by the Player can be selected from the Troubleshooting tab on the Edit Profile form.