Upgrading Xibo for Android
- Xibo for Android
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on DSDevices
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices
- Hardware Recommendations
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Request Player Status via CMS - Logged in Players only
- Request Player Status directly from a Device
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
The latest APK version of Xibo for Android can be downloaded from the Downloads page.
The latest APK can be built and downloaded from My Account. All White Label builds are initially set to “Latest” and are rebuilt automatically on the day of release, ready for download.
Download the new APK version and upload it to your CMS. Please follow the appropriate instructions from the table below for the appropriate CMS version:
|CMS Version||Upgrade Instructions|
|CMS v4 and later||Click here|
|CMS v3 and later||Click here|
|CMS v2 and later||Click here|
|CMS v1.8.12 - 1.8.13||Click here|
|CMS v1.8.11 and earlier||Click here|
All DSCS9 Android Devices purchased from Xibo Signage can be upgraded.
|DSCS9 Android upgrade - 7.1.2||Upgrade/Reinstall Firmware Instructions|
|Upgrade via microSD card||Click here|
|Upgrade via USB cable||Click here|
NETLED lights towards you, and the antenna for the wifi on the far side away from you and to the right.
If the two USB-A ports are to the right as you look at it, the device can be upgraded to Android 7. If they’re on the left then unfortunately the device cannot be upgraded to Android 7. Do not try to upgrade a device with USB ports on the left.
|DSCS9X Android firmware - 9.0||Upgrade/Reinstall Firmware Instructions|
|Upgrade via OTA zip file||Click here|
|Firmware Reflash USB-USB||Click here|