Upgrading Xibo for Android
Docs Introduction CMS InstallationCMS ConfigurationCMS UpgradesAndroid InstallationWindows InstallationwebOS InstallationTizen InstallationLinux Installation Player Upgrades Player Licensing White Labelling My Account Resolving Common IssuesTroubleshooting / FAQAndroid FAQ'swebOS FAQ's
- Xibo for Android
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on DSDevices
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices
- Hardware Recommendations
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
Upgrading Xibo for Android
The latest APK version of Xibo for Android can be downloaded from the Downloads page.
Please note: Remote upgrades are available from v3 R301 and later for Philips Signage SoC Monitors that are running Android 8 or later. For v2 Players, Philips Signage SoC Monitors can be remotely upgraded from v2 R217.
White Label customers
The latest APK can be built and downloaded from My Account. All White Label builds are initially set to “Latest” and are rebuilt automatically on the day of release, ready for download.
Please note: If you have set a specific version you will need to manually choose the new release and then run the build!
Download, Upload and Install
Download the new APK version and upload it to your CMS. Please follow the appropriate instructions from the table below for the appropriate CMS version:
|CMS Version||Upgrade Instructions|
|CMS v3 and later||Click here|
|CMS v2 and later||Click here|
|CMS v1.8.12 - 1.8.13||Click here|
|CMS v1.8.11 and earlier||Click here|
Please note: From 1.8.12 if you have different models of Player that need different Player Versions on the same CMS you will need to create a Display Profile for each Player type. This can be easily done by using the Display Profile Copy button on the Display Settings page.
DSCS9 Android 6.0.1 to Android 7.1.2 Device Upgrade and Reinstalling firmware
All DSCS9 Android Devices purchased from Xibo Signage can be upgraded.
|DSCS9 Android upgrade - 7.1.2||Upgrade/Reinstall Firmware Instructions|
|Upgrade via microSD card||Click here|
|Upgrade via USB cable||Click here|
A small number of DSCS9s sold several years ago are not compatible with Android 7. To check your device, look at the device with the
NETLED lights towards you, and the antenna for the wifi on the far side away from you and to the right.
If the two USB-A ports are to the right as you look at it, the device can be upgraded to Android 7. If they’re on the left then unfortunately the device cannot be upgraded to Android 7. Do not try to upgrade a device with USB ports on the left.
DSCS9X Android 9.0 Device Upgrade and Reinstalling firmware
|DSCS9X Android firmware - 9.0||Upgrade/Reinstall Firmware Instructions|
|Upgrade via OTA zip file||Click here|
|Firmware Reflash USB-USB||Click here|