Tizen Firmware Guide
- Xibo for Android
- DSDevices DSCS9X/95 Set-up Guide
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on DSDevices
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices
- Hardware Recommendations
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Sony Bravia SoC
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Request Player Status via CMS - Logged in Players only
- Request Player Status directly from a Device
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
It is important to make sure your Samsung devices are running the latest firmware to ensure that all security and performance improvements are up to date. You can check the recommended firmware version of your Samsung device by clicking this link.
Once you know the firmware version recommended for your hardware, you can compare this to the currently installed version by doing the following:
- Press the
Menubutton on your remote control and select the
- You will see that highlighting the
Software Updateoption reveals the firmware version.
- For a more detailed breakdown of the firmware version running, follow the above steps, then choose
Contact Samsung. You will see the full firmware version details under the
Software Versionentry on that page.
- When the firmware is first downloaded, it is likely to be in .zip or .alz format. First you will need to extract the firmware folder using 7zip or ALzip depending on the format of the file.
- This will extract a folder with the same name as the firmware. You will need to remove that folder and retain the folder named
image, which will contain your firmware file.
- Save the folder named
imageto the root directory of a USB storage device.
- Connect the USB to your Samsung monitor and press the
Homebutton on your remote control. Go to the
- Select the
Software Updateto begin the installation of your new firmware. You will receive confirmation when it has been installed.
It may be necessary on occasion to revert to an older firmware version. If you find yourself in this situation, please open a Ticket via My Account for further support.