Xibo SSP Connector
- Xibo for Android
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on DSDevices
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices
- Hardware Recommendations
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Request Player Status via CMS - Logged in Players only
- Request Player Status directly from a Device
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
The Xibo SSP Connector is an add-on service from Xibo Signage which enables integration to a variety of supported DooH (Digital out of Home) Supply Side Platforms (SSP’s) to monetise an established Xibo network.
Further information about the on-boarding process and a list of Supported SSP’s can be found on our website
- SSP Connector
- Available from CMS: 3.3
- SSP Connector 3.3
- Cloud: API Key Required
Once purchased, an API key will be made available in the Connectors section of My Account. This key is required to Configure the SSP Connector in the Xibo CMS.
During the on-boarding process you will either be asked to provide ID’s or given ID’s unique to the SSP software. If asked for ID’s the
displayId should be used with no further configuration required for Displays in the CMS.
SSP’s often use unique ID’s in their software so in the event that you are provided with ID’s they can be entered by editing Displays using the Reference /Custom ID fields from the Reference tab.
From the CMS:
- Click on Applications under the Administration section of the main menu.
- Scroll down to the Connectors section of the page.
- Click the Configure button for the Xibo SSP Connector:
- Enter the API Key available in My Account after purchase.
- Include your CMS URL your Players will use to connect.
https://exchange.xibo-adspace.comin order to receive ad’s from SSP’s.
- Tick to Enable to initiate the Xibo SSP Connector service.
Next select the tab for your chosen SSP or opt to use the Test SSP tab which can be used to check settings with Xibo related ad’s shown on your Displays.
- Provide the API Key for the SSP.
If you are asked to run a test by the SSP as part of the approval service, tick the Test Mode check box to send requests into the specific SSP’s test environment.
- Configure a Share of Voice in seconds or as a percentage.
- Provide the expected total Duration of each ad served by the SSP.
- Include a Minimum Duration for each ad.
- Include a Maximum Duration for each ad.
- Use the drop down to specify the Type of ad to be served, Images and Videos, Images only, Videos only.
- Select the Display Group to use. Leave this field blank to select all Displays.
- Use the drop down menu to select the ID to use for the SSP. (Please see the Reference ID’s for Display/Display Groups section above)
- Click to Save.
Once all information has been provided and Display/Display Groups have been correctly configured tick the Enabled? button at the top of the form to confirm the connection to the SSP for Players to start requesting ads from the enabled SSP’s:
The Test SSP tab is a useful tool to see how the information you provide, Share of Voice for example, is then calculated to give you X number of plays.
Test your existing inventory and see a sample of Xibo Advertisements play on your screens allowing you to make adjustments to the SSP Configuration if required to achieve your desired play time.
The following ad’s will be shown on your Displays based on the display orientation when utilising the Test SSP:
For Users with complex Playlist schedule loops or video wall configurations an SSP Widget is available to add to Layouts.
Add the SSP Widget to your Layout and optionally select the Partner to use from the properties panel. If there is an Ad available at time of play it will be converted to an Image/Video Widget.
Once enabled and connected to a Partner you will see an additional button for the Xibo SSP Connector for Activity Report:
Use the Activity Report to see when ad spots have been scheduled and when the SSP returns an ad for that spot:
Returned results can be printed or exported to a CSV.
The Activity Report is a great tool for troubleshooting with activity summaries and error codes available to view:
|200||Creative type not supported|
|202||Creative duration not supported|
|203||Creative dimensions invalid (wrong aspect ratio)|
|302||Maximum number of hops exceeded requesting an ad|
|303||No ad returned from SSP|
When entering the API Key for Vistar Media please ensure you use the following format: