Tizen Installation Guide
- Xibo for Android
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on a DSCS9
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices DSCS9
- Hardware Recommendations (website?)
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors (website?
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Rooting a Device
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- Orientation Settings for the DSDevices DSCS9 Player
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
On this page
Tizen Installation Guide
Xibo for Tizen is easy to install and configure and can be up and running in just a few minutes.
Before you begin the installation process, you should first make sure you have fulfilled the minimum requirements.
- Xibo CMS version 1.8.13 or later.
- Your monitor must be listed as a supported model. Please check compatibility here.
- Xibo for Tizen software licence if not on a Plan.
Please note: The use of Xibo for Tizen can be included in all Plans for an additional surcharge with no separate licensing requirement. The required Licence information field is completed automatically to connect the Player to the CMS.
Customers with Independent Pricing not on a plan are required to purchase a Xibo for Tizen software Licence for each device you intend to run which is then linked to a Licence Pool.
See Player Licensing for further details.
You should also check that you are using the recommended Firmware Version for your Series and Model, please refer to our Tizen Firmware Matrix and Firmware Guide.
Use the Menu button on your remote control to access the System Menu. Select Time:
You can choose to manually set the time using the Clock Set option or you can go to NTP Settings to configure an NTP Server for automatic time settings. Please note that you will find the time zone settings in the NTP Settings menu.
Now that you have prepared your display you can proceed with the installation of Xibo for Tizen. There are two methods for installing the player: remotely via CMS or locally using a USB device. You can download the latest Xibo for Tizen player from this link.
There are two methods for installing Xibo for Tizen:
- Remotely via CMS.
- Locally via USB.
- Navigate to the Player Versions page under the Displays section of the CMS.
- Click the Add Version button in the top right corner of the screen.
- A new window will open, select the Add files button and select the WGT player file you downloaded.
- Now click the Start upload button to upload it to your CMS.
- When the upload is complete, click the Done button to close the Upload window.
- Now navigate to the Display Settings page and use the row menu to Edit the Tizen default profile.
- Enter your licence pool that you wish to use for this Player
- Click on the Player Version field and choose the player that you uploaded previously.
- When you have finished configuring your default Tizen profile, click Save to confirm.
After completing the steps above, click the Home button on your remote control and select URL Launcher Settings from the bottom menu.
- Select the Install Web App option and enter the URL for your CMS installation. For example
https://cms.example.org or http://example.org/cms
- Click Done to confirm. The player will be downloaded from your CMS and will open automatically once installed. You can now proceed to the Configure your player section of this guide.
When installing Xibo for Tizen, you will need to set up your USB:
- Create a folder at the root directory of your USB device and name it
- Save the Xibo for Tizen player you downloaded earlier inside the
SSSPfolder and rename it
- Next you will need to create a configuration file for the player using a text editor, for example Notepad . Please copy the below text into that file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <widget> <ver></ver> <size>9999999</size> <widgetname>sssp_dl</widgetname> <webtype>tizen</webtype> </widget>
- You will need to enter the version of the player you wish to install between the
</ver>brackets to complete the configuration file. For example, if you have downloaded the version 2 R201 player, you will need to enter
2.201between those brackets.
- Once the configuration file is complete, save it as a
sssp_config.xmland copy it to the
Now that you have set up USB, press the Home button on your remote control and go to the URL Launcher Settings menu. Choose Install from USB Device to start the installation.
Once you receive confirmation that the application is installed, you can proceed to the Configure your player section.
Open your player by pressing the Home button on your remote control, then select the Xibo player from the menu at the bottom of the screen. This will open the
Connect to your CMS page.
- CMS URL: The address for your CMS.
- CMS Key: The secret CMS Key that will authenticate this Display with the CMS.
- Email Address: The email address for your Xibo for Tizen license pool.
When you have entered the information for your CMS, press the
Connect CMS button to confirm your settings. When successful you will receive the message
Display is registered and awaiting authorisation from an administrator in the CMS.
Assuming there are no errors with the communication between the CMS and the Player, the Display will be registered and awaiting authorisation.
As you have provided a Licence Pool email address in the Tizen Display Setting Profile in the CMS, Xibo will start immediately and download its content from the CMS. If you have not provided a Licence Pool, you will be taken to a page asking for this information.
Default Profiles have been provided for you. You only need to create a Display Setting Profile if you want to override these defaults, or if you want to provide your Licence Pool email address to all of your devices centrally.
For more information on available settings, please see the Display Settings sections of the Manual.
Before the Player can receive Scheduled Events and display your Layouts you will need to Authorise the Display to connect to the CMS.
Log into your CMS and click on Displays from the main menu to see your newly registered Player in the list.
Click the row-menu for this Player and select Authorise from the list.
Click Yes to confirm the authorisation of the Display.
You should now find that your player is set up and ready to be used!