Getting the Player Status
- Xibo for Android
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on a DSCS9
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices DSCS9
- Hardware Recommendations (website?)
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors (website?
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Rooting a Device
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- Orientation Settings for the DSDevices DSCS9 Player
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
On this page
Getting the Player Status
To further investigate issues, you may be asked to provide a screenshot of the Status Window on your device, there are 2 options to achieve this:
1. Request via the CMS
2. Directly from the Device
Please note: This function is supported from Xibo for Android R54 / Xibo for Windows R252 / Xibo for Tizen R202 and Xibo for webOS R205
- Go to the Displays grid.
- Use the row menu for the Display and select Request Screenshot.
- Click on the available thumbnail to show status info:
Use the Request a Screenshot feature from the Displays page in the CMS:
- Firstly, navigate to the Report Fault page under the Advanced section of the CMS menu and click on the Start button, click Next and Turn ON Debugging
- Once Debugging mode is on , navigate to the Displays page under the Displays section of the menu on the CMS and use the row menu for the selected Display, click Edit .
- Click on the Advanced tab and enter a sensible date and time in the future (such as an hour if you are not trying to catch an intermittent problem) and Save.
Tip: Check the current CMS time by clicking on the top right Avatar
- Now use the row menu for the selected Display to Request Screenshot , Save.
Screenshot / thumbnail columns are automatically enabled when requesting screenshots from version 1.8.12.
By requesting a screenshot from a Display with ‘auditing’ enabled, you are also requesting an additional log message that will contain status information to be sent.
- Go to the Log page under the Advanced section of the CMS Menu and click on the Advanced tab.
- Use the Display drop down menu to select your Display.
- Enter NotifyStatus in the Page field.
- Make a screenshot of this log and send it to us.
Android / webOS / Tizen
- Connect a mouse to your device and click on the screen whilst Xibo is running. (For webOS and Tizen click Ok on the remote whilst Xibo is running)
Xibo for webOS from v3 R300 click the yellow button instead of Ok on the remote.
- Select ‘Status’ from the Action bar at the top of the screen.
Xibo for Android from R206, press the
ikey on your keyboard to access the ‘Status’ page.
Windows / Linux / Android from R206
ion your keyboard to show the status window. (this Key is configurable in Display Settings Profile for the Windows Player, by accessing the Troubleshooting tab)
Take a screenshot or take a picture of the Status Window to send.