Can I use the Xibo name/logo?
- Xibo for Android
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on DSDevices
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices
- Hardware Recommendations
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
On this page
Can I use the Xibo name/logo?
The Xibo name and logo are symbols of the high quality of software and support Xibo users have come to enjoy. We realise however that as individuals or companies build products and services around the Xibo system, they may wish to use the Xibo name and logo in that context.
This policy has been put in place to safeguard the reputation of the Xibo project.
The Xibo logo was created by Paul van Dun and is copyright of the Xibo Project (for legal purposes, Dan Garner and Alex Harrington)
Use on websites
Permission is granted to use the Xibo name and logo to provide a link back to the official Xibo website. (http://www.xibosignage.com).
Use in the context of a derivative product or service based upon Xibo
Permission is granted to use the Xibo name and logo to describe the underlying technology your product or service uses. It must not be used in a manor designed to cause confusion or to imply that the product or service is in any way related to, part of or supported by the Xibo project.
An example of acceptable use would be to say that:
X Digital Signage Ltd use Xibo Open Source Digital Signage system
or to include a Xibo logo on your website or headed notepaper so long as it’s clear that Xibo is the technology you’re using - not that you are the sole provider or developer/maintainers of Xibo.
An example of use that would not be acceptable might be:
X Digital Signage Limited, Xibo Project Partners provide the Y signage system
or to use the Xibo logo in the context of a company of similar name.
Use on merchandise
You may not use the Xibo logo on any retail merchandise without written permission from the copyright holder (with the exception of unmodified stable release versions of the Xibo software). For example it is not permissible to retail mugs, t-shirts etc bearing the Xibo logo or name without permission.
Use in books or articles
Permission is granted to use the Xibo name and logo in the context of a book or article about the Xibo Digital Signage system.
Failure to meet these criteria
Any failure to meet the guidelines will result in the individual or company involved infringing copyright.
What to do if you are still uncertain
If you are uncertain as to whether the use you have in mind is acceptable, or we have not covered the use in this document, please feel free to post a question in the General Discussion category or to contact the rights holders directly. You should assume that your use is unacceptable until such time that this document is updated in your favour or you receive written permission from the copyright holder.
This policy is subject to change without prior notice at any time.