Managing Storage on webOS
Docs Introduction CMS InstallationCMS ConfigurationCMS UpgradesAndroid InstallationWindows InstallationwebOS InstallationTizen InstallationLinux Installation Player Upgrades Player Licensing White Labelling My Account Resolving Common IssuesTroubleshooting / FAQAndroid FAQ'swebOS FAQ's
- Xibo for Android
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on DSDevices
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices
- Hardware Recommendations
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
On this page
Managing Storage on webOS
Media Files,Layouts and other metadata is downloaded from the CMS onto the Player to allow local playback in the most efficient way and to allow for offline usage.
Players will automatically manage the files stored on the local library and automatically remove files that are no longer needed.
Rules for keeping or deleting a file
The CMS informs the Player which files it needs for the next “N” days of playback (where “N” days is defined in the CMS settings). All of the files in this list will be kept in the local library.
Xibo for webOS will delete all files not in the required files list immediately with no retention period.
- You can change the “N” parameter in the CMS Settings page under the Administration section of the main menu.
- From the General tab enter a time in seconds in the Send files in advance? field.
The default value is set at 172800 which is 2 days. This setting should be adjusted carefully as it directly affects the size of the Local Player Library and the amount of work the CMS has to do with each collection interval.
We recommend keeping the default setting unless there is a specific reason to change it!