Upgrading the CMS
- Xibo for Android
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on DSDevices
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices
- Hardware Recommendations
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Request Player Status via CMS - Logged in Players only
- Request Player Status directly from a Device
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
The CMS can be upgraded to later versions to take full advantage of all new features and the latest bug fixes.
Customers with Xibo Cloud Hosting can request an upgrade from My Account, using the available buttons at the end of the CMS Instance row.
Cloud customers can also set their CMS to automatically upgrade:
- Auto update in Series - tick to automatically upgrade the CMS Instance as new minor versions become available for the CMS.
- Renew - tick to renew this CMS instance when it expires.
Please select the upgrade instructions appropriate for your installation method, from the left hand menu, to guide you through the process.
Direct upgrades, 1.8.x to 4.x for example are not supported, instead the CMS must be upgraded to the last available release for each major version to ensure the incremental changes are added to your installation.
For example, if you are using a 1.8.6 CMS and want to upgrade to v4.0.0 you will need to upgrade via the following route:
- 1.8.6 to 1.8.13
- 1.8.13 to 2.3.16
- 2.3.16 to 3.3.7
- 3.3.7 to 4.0.0
Each release comes with detailed release notes, which are documented via the Blog on our website.