Running Xibo for Android
- Xibo for Android
- DSDevices DSCS9X/95 Set-up Guide
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on DSDevices
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices
- Hardware Recommendations
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Sony Bravia SoC
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Request Player Status via CMS - Logged in Players only
- Request Player Status directly from a Device
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
Xibo for Android is designed to run 24/7 without any additional User Input. Therefore the application makes every effort to hide non-essential user navigational controls, such as the Action Bar and Navigation Bar. For most of the time we hope you do not have to interact with Xibo for Android.
Should a situation arise where you need to interact, perhaps to check on the status or make some configuration adjustments, the Action and Navigation bars will come back at a touch or cursor movement.
Xibo for Android uses a menu system that should be familiar to all Android users. The menu is accessible using the 3 stacked dots in the top right corner of the display.
The most common menu items have been exposed by default:
Hide Hide the Action Bar immediately (do not wait for the hide delay duration)
Status Access the Status Dialogue.
Settings Access the settings page.
Check Licence Allows manual confirmation of the software licence.
About Shows the about window.
The status window is used to determine what the Player is doing - in real time. The primary use case for this is troubleshooting when Xibo for Android is doing something you do not expect.
The information presented is split into 4 areas:
This section contains general configuration information and gives you the opportunity to see if the settings are correct. In particular the Licensed and Registered Status are important.
- Licensed This flag shows whether the software is currently licenced or not. Possible values are “true (trial), true (FULL) and false”. If the display is not licenced it will no longer download new content from the connected CMS.
- Registered This flag shows whether the display is registered with the CMS it is connected to. If not registered the display will not be able to download any new content or schedules.
The CMS status lists out the result of the last communication with the CMS. There are 3 messages transferred every collection interval (default 5 minutes) and all 3 should not have an error.
The schedule status shows the current schedule on the device and the state of each layout.
All Layouts Layouts that are downloaded but not necessarily currently in the schedule (for example a default layout will be downloaded, but may not be shown if there are other layouts scheduled).
Scheduled Layouts Layouts currently in the schedule will be listed.
Valid Layouts Layouts will be valid once all of their resources are downloaded.
Invalid Layouts Layouts with missing resources or blacklisted content will be invalid and removed from the schedule.
Blacklist If a media item is successfully downloaded and Xibo thinks it should play - but it doesn’t, under some circumstances it will be temporarily blacklisted. A good example is a video that has an unsupported codec.
Log Messages Xibo for Android will list out the last 5 log messages recorded.
The About window shows the application version and EULA.
Please use the “Home” button on the navigation bar to close the Xibo for Android application.