Sony Bravia SoC
- Xibo for Android
- DSDevices DSCS9X/95 Set-up Guide
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on DSDevices
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices
- Hardware Recommendations
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Sony Bravia SoC
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Request Player Status via CMS - Logged in Players only
- Request Player Status directly from a Device
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
On this page
Sony Bravia SoC
Sony Bravia TVs running Android are capable of running Xibo in Landscape orientation.
Sony are working on a solution for portrait mode, more information will be made available when known.
Download the latest Xibo for Android player APK from the website downloads section and copy it to the root folder of a USB stick.
Enter Pro Settings Mode and plug in the USB stick.
Navigate to Pro Settings → Install API and select the APK on your USB stick. [Source]
You can open Xibo while in pro settings mode and connect to your CMS using our installation guide. If you miss opening Xibo during the install process, please enable in pro mode first (below) and then start pro mode.
Xibo will appear in “Apps” when in Pro Mode and can be opened from there.
Navigate to Pro Settings → Apps select for Xibo to be enabled in Pro mode. [Source].
Xibo supports Power ON/OFF and Restart via a combination of options you can enable in Pro Settings.
Navigate to Pro Settings → Developer and turn on “Power state control by apps”. [Source]
In Pro Settings Mode, navigate to Settings → Network and Internet → Remote device settings → Control remotely → Enable
Xibo supports Video In on the Sony Bravia using our core Video In widget. If you are using HDMI make sure you choose the first port.
Sony Bravia TV’s have 3 modes:
- Pro Settings
We recommend running all signage installations in Pro mode.
All configuration should be done in Pro Settings mode.
Using your remote control, press the following 4 buttons one at a time in sequence:
Wait a few seconds and your TV will restart into Pro Settings Mode.
There are a number of limitations to consider before choosing to run Xibo with Sony Bravia SoC.
Android TV only supports landscape mode because it is designed primarily for consumer TVs. It is not possible to rotate Xibo to portrait on a Sony Bravia. Sony are working on a solution to this.
In order to play one video after another without a black frame between them it is necessary for the device to be able to decode more than one video at the same time. This is not currently possible on Sony Bravia.
It is not currently possible to remotely upgrade Xibo on a Sony Bravia. Xibo are working on a solution for this.
When using a 4k panel, the user interface elements, images and web content are displayed in 1080p and upscaled to 4k. Video content is run natively in 4k.
Xibo will show the Display resolution as 1920x1080 in the display management page.