Android CEC Screen Power On/Off with DSDevices
- Xibo for Android
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on DSDevices
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices
- Hardware Recommendations
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
If you are using a CMS earlier than v3.x please use this link
This guide will take you through how to use the DSDevices DSCS9X and DSCS9 to control the attached TV/screen via HDMI-CEC using a v3.x or higher CMS.
Modern TVs and signage panels offer the HDMI-CEC standard to accept power on/off Events via the HDMI cable.
The DSDevices DSCS9X and DSCS9 offers a method to send those CEC control signals so that you can turn the screen on and off via Commands Scheduled in Xibo or built into Layouts.
Please note: If you are using a DSCS9 device which shipped prior to 1st Jan 2019, you will need to first install the
DSDCEC app which is further detailed here: Player Setup
From the CMS, create and define Commands to turn the screen power On and Off.
- Select Commands located under the Displays section of the main menu.
Create 2 commands to use:
- Click Add Command:
Repeat for a
Screen Off Command.
If you are using V2 R216 through to v3 R301, the following Commands should be used instead:
/system/bin/am start -n com.microcontrollerbg.dsdcec/.dsdcec --es "ceccommand" "off"
/system/bin/am start -n com.microcontrollerbg.dsdcec/.dsdcec --es "ceccommand" "on"
You can now try sending an instant screen on/off command from the Displays page.
- Use the row menu for a selected Display and select Send Command:
- Pick Screen Off and then Save.
The screen should receive an XMR message and turn off.
The same Commands can also be Scheduled as an Event Type (these don’t require XMR to work):
As in the example image above, the selected Start Time would cause the screen to turn off at 18:30 for the selected Display Group. You could then use a Repeat to cause that to happen every day for example.
It is also possible to embed the Commands required into a Layout.
Simply add the Shell Command Widget to your Layout and choose the Commands you defined earlier.
When that particular Layout is shown, the screen power state will change accordingly.