Multi Player Install
- Xibo for Android
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on DSDevices
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices
- Hardware Recommendations
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
Multi Install - Windows Player
Multiple instances of the Windows Player can be configured to run together on a single PC. This might be desirable if you have 1 PC that drives multiple screens which are not in an extended desktop configuration.
Please note: Before choosing this route you should consider whether or not you want to show content spanning both screens - if you do, you must use the extended desktop route (and not run multiple instances). Please refer to our guide on Creating a Video Wall with Xibo for Windows on how to accomplish this.
Installing the Players
You will need to install 1 copy of the Player normally following the Installation instructions.
Starting with Xibo for Windows v2 R201, we have provided a “Screen Two” and “Screen Three” installation package on the releases page. We do not recommend running more than 3 instances of the player on one PC, but if you wish to do so you should follow the “Installing another player using an installer package manually” instructions for screen 4 onward.
Follow the instructions for installing 1 player, but using the
XiboScreenThree_v... msi downloaded from the releases page.
Before starting the Player, create a Display Profile in the CMS, see Positioning the Player section below.
If you choose to manually create multiple instances of the Player application, then some leg-work is required in order to get the files in the correct place.
Please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Player installation folder.
- Copy the entire folder and rename to something unique (for example a 2 at the end).
- Navigate inside the new folder, rename XiboClient.exe to XiboClient2.exe.
- Create a start-up shortcut to the new XiboClient2.exe file and right click. In the ‘Target’ field enter
"on the default path. (Providing the letter
oin the startup arguments indicates that the options form should be opened instead of the main application).
- Double click the shortcut and configure the second Player as normal making sure that you choose a different library folder.
- Navigate inside the Watchdog subfolder, edit the
app.configfile, set the
ClientLibraryto be the library folder you’ve configured above and set the
ProcessPathto be the path to the renamed XiboClient2.exe.
- Before starting the Player, create a display profile in the CMS to position the second Player - see below.
- Double click the EXE and the Player should start.
Configuring each player
Your second player will have special configuration considerations to ensure it runs smoothly.
Positioning the Player
A Player by default will position itself on the Primary monitor in a full-screen configuration. You will want to change this behaviour for the second Player so that it does not appear underneath the first. This is done using a Display Settings Profile from the CMS.
Open a CMS connection and log in
Navigate to the Display Settings page, located under the Displays section of the main CMS menu and create a new Windows Profile called “Second Screen” or similar.
In the new profile configure the Location tab so that your left, top, width and height represent the second screen in your PC configuration. For example, if you have two 1920x1080 panels the second one would be at left=1920, top=0, width=1920, height=1080. You would enter different coordinates if the monitors are not ‘side by side’ or have different resolutions. You should, therefore, adjust the coordinates according to your setup.
Embedded Web server
The Player uses an embedded Web Server to show some content and it will be necessary to adjust the port that this web server listens on so that it does not conflict with the other Player.
- Use the Display Settings Profile created when you positioned the Player and set the Embedded Web Server address, incrementing the port number on the one that is already there.
You should make sure that the hardware key generated is different for each player installed on the same PC.
- You can do this in player options.