Troubleshooting - for Administrators
- Xibo for Android
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on a DSCS9
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices DSCS9
- Hardware Recommendations (website?)
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors (website?
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Rooting a Device
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- Orientation Settings for the DSDevices DSCS9 Player
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
On this page
Troubleshooting - for Administrators
This Troubleshooting section is intended to provide technical support for Administrators of the Xibo system. The Administration Documentation provides detailed information with regards to installation and configuration of the Xibo system, which we would advise Administrators to be familiar with before seeking further resolutions.
The CMS has a dedicated page to view User and System Task activity within areas of the CMS. Use the left hand menu and select Audit Trail to find out more.
The CMS has a central “error log” which collects messages from all components in the platform - CMS, Players, API, Maintenance, etc and so is a valuable resource when investigating issues.
CMS logging can be provided from the Report Fault page located under the Advanced section of the main menu.
Click on Start to be taken through the fault wizard which will guide you through the steps to collect and download a troubleshoot.zip file.
Providing relevant information from the error log is often the key to a support representative finding the solution to any problems.
Raw logs can be viewed in the CMS by clicking on Log under the Advanced section of the main menu. Use the left hand menu to select Log Information to understand the contents.
With an extensive archive of thousands of questions already answered, the Xibo Community is a great starting place. Questions posted in the community are answered by community members as well as our expert team. Join our community and create your own posts to ask new questions or offer your own support on existing threads.
Our Help Desk is open 24/7 for new tickets and is monitored by our support agents Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 4.30PM (GMT/BST). Open a New Ticket providing the following information:
- The version of the software that you are using
- Description of the issue you are experiencing
- Detailed steps so that the issue can be recreated by our team
- Download a troubleshoot zip file from the CMS central ‘error log’ and attach to your support ticket.
- Provide a screenshot of the Player Status page