Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Xibo for Android
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on DSDevices
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices
- Hardware Recommendations
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Request Player Status via CMS - Logged in Players only
- Request Player Status directly from a Device
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
On this page
Philips Signage SoC Monitors
Updated October 2022
Philips have a broad range of signage solutions, many of which are compatible with the Xibo for Android Player. To help those looking for a System on Chip (SoC) solution on Android we have listed the models that meet the requirements for Xibo.
Please note: The links provided are from the Philips Signage’s official website and should be used for information purposes only. Some of the listed models may only be available in selected countries. Please contact Philips for more information on the options available in your region.
We would recommend thoroughly testing the Xibo player on your chosen display before proceeding to deploy to a production environment. It is also important to set the displays to reboot every 24 hours.
Please note that LetsEncrypt (a popular provider of SSL certificates) have new root certification, which isn’t included in the Android 4 models. For this reason, these models are supported for older releases, but would not be recommended for new deployments.
For Philips monitors running Android 7 or later, we would recommend running player version R207 or later, as this includes improvements for retrieving required information from the monitor, including the MAC address of the unit.
Philips also offers the CRD50, an Open Pluggable Specification (OPS) device, running Android 7. This device works as a full SoC solution, which can be installed into various devices that have a compatible OPS slot. You can download the documentation for this device from here.
Some models that have the OPS slot for the CRD50 include:
Please note: Android 8 models only support playing a single video at a time. This also means that Android 8 models do not support gapless video playback. Please ensure that you switch off the
Use Multiple Decodersoption in the Profile Settings for your player. For further information or if you require support updating the Profile Settings, please contact the support team on the helpdesk.
When running an Android 8 or later model please install Xibo for Android R301 or later and use a connected keyboard to access player options from the Action bar menu. R301 onwards also support remote player upgrades from the CMS. If you require a version 2 player for your Android 8 Philips displays, please contact us on the help desk.
The Android 8 models support playing a single video at a time. This means that these models also do not support gapless video playback. You will need to switch off the
Use Multiple Decodersoption in the Profile Settings for your player. For more information or support changing that setting, please contact the support team on the helpdesk.
If you have successfully set up your Xibo Player on a model not listed above, please contact the helpdesk to let us know.
Phillips integration is available from Xibo for Android v2 R200 for LED control for selected models.