Request Player Status directly from a device
Docs Introduction CMS InstallationCMS ConfigurationCMS UpgradesAndroid InstallationWindows InstallationwebOS InstallationTizen InstallationLinux Installation Player Upgrades Player Licensing White Labelling My Account Resolving Common IssuesTroubleshooting / FAQAndroid FAQ'swebOS FAQ's
- Xibo for Android
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on DSDevices
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices
- Hardware Recommendations
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Request Player Status via CMS - Logged in Players only
- Request Player Status directly from a Device
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
If your Players are NOT connected to the CMS, follow the steps on this page to request the Player Status directly from the device.
If your Players are connecting to the CMS and showing as logged in then use the steps here.
- Connect a mouse to your device and click on the screen whilst Xibo is running. (For webOS and Tizen click Ok on the remote whilst Xibo is running)
Xibo for webOS from v3 R300 click the yellow button instead of Ok on the remote.
- Select ‘Status’ from the Action bar at the top of the screen.
Xibo for Android from R206, press the
ikey on your keyboard to access the ‘Status’ page.
ion your keyboard to show the status window. (this Key is configurable in Display Settings Profile for the Windows Player, by accessing the Troubleshooting tab)
Take a screenshot or take a picture of the Status Window to send.