Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Xibo for Android
- DSDevices DSCS9X/95 Set-up Guide
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on DSDevices
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices
- Hardware Recommendations
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Sony Bravia SoC
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Request Player Status via CMS - Logged in Players only
- Request Player Status directly from a Device
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
Media Files,Layouts and other metadata is downloaded from the CMS onto the Player to allow local playback in the most efficient way and to allow for offline usage. Players will automatically manage the files stored on the local library and automatically remove files that are no longer needed.
Xibo for Android by default, will store files on the internal device storage Library Location:
Xibo for Android has the ability to use
External Storage (if available) on the device. This could be an SD card or some other removable device. Using the Player Settings, an option named
Storage Location allows you to choose the
External Storage option, selecting the location from the list.
The CMS informs the Player which files it needs for the next “N” days of playback (where “N” days is defined in the CMS settings). All of the files in this list will be kept in the local library.
Once a file is removed from this list it will remain in the local library for 30 days after which it will be automatically deleted.
You can change the “N” parameter in the CMS Settings page under the Administration section of the main menu. From the General tab enter a time in seconds in the Send files in advance? field.
Since Xibo for Android 1.6/1.7 R38, the application will aggressively delete files that are no longer contained in the list of required files if the total free storage on the device is below 10%. The Player will also decline to download new files if there is not enough storage on the device to fully store the downloaded file.