CMS Installation Guides
- Xibo for Android
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on a DSCS9
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices
- Hardware Recommendations
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Rooting a Device
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
The Xibo CMS is a web application run through Docker or a web server supporting PHP/MySQL, with one or more Xibo Signage Player applications installed on a signage device or monitor.
Xibo Cloud Hosting gives you a professionally managed service direct from the Xibo project creators, with a full-featured Xibo CMS ready in minutes.
If you are taking the self-hosted route, please select the installation instructions appropriate for your environment to walk you through the installation process.
Installing yourself but not sure which installation route to take? Read on for more details…
Docker is a technology that can be compared to Virtual Machines, but without the overhead of running Virtual Machines. Essentially this means that you can have a fully isolated environment running on a host machine, running our recommended configuration, which is the same as the configuration we use to develop and test the software. This makes it much easier to deploy a Xibo CMS and reduces the chance of encountering a bug with the software whilst also allowing for in place upgrades of the software.
As Docker is a software product from a third party, you have to first install Docker as documented in our Xibo for Docker installation guides.
Please note: Docker for Windows Server 2016 (for Windows Containers) is not suitable as it is only capable of running Windows containers!
Xibo can still be installed without Docker but a working knowledge of how to install, configure and maintain a web server is highly recommended if you decide to take this route.
Xibo can be run on a wide variety of environments, web servers and software versions. We have a list of Supported Versions and Environments that the Xibo team have expertise in. If you choose to install outside of this list, you will have to rely on community support for any issues encountered: Xibo Community Forum
If you are unfamiliar with Docker or web servers and just want to use the Xibo solution without the hassle of installation then a service provider solution may be preferable.