DSCS9X Firmware Upgrade OTA
- Xibo for Android
- Install a White Label or a different Player version on DSDevices
- CEC Screen Power on/off with DSDevices
- Hardware Recommendations
- Philips Signage SoC Monitors
- Managing Storage on the Android Device
- Player Settings
- Players without an Internet Connection
- Remote Administration with SS Helper
- Restart Rooted Device with a Shell Command
- Running Xibo for Android
- Resolving Common Issues
- Error shown when I try to licence my Player?
- Player not updating from the CMS?
- I can see my Licence entry but the Player appears unlicensed?
- Error message - Player is missing dependencies
- My scheduled Layouts are not working?
- Layout won't play? Splash screen plays?
- Watchdog error message
- Troubleshooting for Administrators
- Audit Trail
- Log Information
- Player Logs
- Getting the Player Status
- Can I use the Xibo name / logo?
- Can I run a Xibo Player on Raspberry Pi?
- How can I increase the upload file size limit?
- How do Players communicate with the CMS?
- How many displays can Xibo support?
- How do I reset the Xibo_admin account password?
- Power On/Off for Players
- Testing with Xibo
- Why do I need a Default Layout?
- Xibo for Android FAQ's
- Autoplaying Embedded Youtube Videos
- Closing to Home screen
- Displaying Images
- Embedded TV
- External SD card not listed when running Banana-Pi
- Helper Command to change Time zone
- HTML5 Video
- Memory Notifications
- Menu not accessible
- SSL Support
- Using Portrait Displays
- Video wont play properly
For routine upgrades of the DSCS9X’s firmware, you can use an OTA zip file to update your device.
This will maintain your settings and installed applications.
You’ll need a USB mouse and a USB flash drive or microSD card to update the firmware.
The card or flash drive must be formatted VFAT so that the DSCS9X can read it.
Download the latest firmware OTA file from the links below and copy it on to your microSD card or USB flash drive. Do not uncompress the zip file.
Eject your flash drive or microSD card safely to ensure that the data is completely written before unplugging it from your computer.
Connect your USB mouse and insert the USB flash drive or microSD card in to your DSCS9X.
Right-click the mouse to close the Xibo app (assuming it is running already), and click the round circle with six rectangles inside it icon at the bottom centre of the screen to open the app launcher.
From the app launcher, click on the
UpdateLocale section, click on
Select and pick the ZIP file that you downloaded and saved to your microSD card or USB flash drive. If you don’t see any files to select from, then try reinserting your flash drive, and if it’s still not working then ensure that the flash drive is formatted VFAT and copy a fresh copy of the upgrade file on to it before trying again.
Once you have the ZIP file selected, click the
Update button in the
The device will warn you not to disconnect power whilst the upgrade takes place. Click
Update to proceed. You’ll see a blue progress bar run across the top of the white section of the screen followed by a popup as the Android system updates itself.
The system will reboot and apply the upgrade. Once it returns to the normal desktop then the upgrade is complete. You can then remove the USB stick or microSD card.